Blog Posted on 22/05/2014 | Author: Karen Macarthur
How to Play Blackjack
The oldest and most popular of all casino games, the Blackjack is purely a game of strategy. The ability to beat the house and win is tempting for all of the players. Requiring patience, concentration and lots of practice to win a hand, it tests the player’s skills. At the Vegas Mobile Casino, players can compete against the system with the mobile version of the blackjack.
Mobile Blackjack Gameplay
The objective of the blackjack remains the same with beating the dealer’s hand but not going over 21 while doing so. At any point of time, the dealer plays against one or many players. But each player plays independently against the dealer. In the case of mobile blackjack, the play is between the single player and the system.
To begin play, the bets are placed on the table. Both the players and the dealer receive two cards each from a standard 52 card deck. The number of decks used can vary from 1 to 8. The player is dealt with both cards face up while the dealer receives one card face up. If the player’s cards are an Ace and any of the face cards, then he wins the 3:2 payouts and it’s called a Natural Blackjack.
Mobile Blackjack Rules
Before trying your hand at blackjack, it is always best to brush up on the rules. A great game of strategy, mathematics and some luck, mobile blackjack is as interesting as the casino/online version. With its simple rules, it is probably the most played casino games. In the long run, with practice the player can beat the house and walk away from the table with lots of cash.
- First know your card value before playing. All the face value cards (jacks, queens, kings) are valued at 10 points. The Ace can be either 1 or 11 points depending on the game. All the other cards are their numbered values.
- Hands with Aces that are counted as 11 points are known as “Soft” hands and the hands with Aces that are counted as 1 point are known as “Hard” hands.
If the player doesn’t get a blackjack, then he can choose any of the below options to land the winning hand:
- Hit – Request for a new card. If the card adds to over 21 then the player “busts” and loses all the bets immediately. The player can hit any number of times until he stands.
- Stand – Stop with card he has and is done playing this round.
- Double Down – The player takes just one other card from the dealer after which he will stand. He doubles the original bet.
- Split – If the two initial dealt cards are of same face value, then the player can split the hand into two separate hands. A bet equal to the original bet is placed on the two hands and each will receive a single card. Proceed to play each hand by hitting or standing.
- Insurance – If the dealer’s first card is an ace, he may have a Blackjack in which case the player can minimise the loss to his bet. He makes a side bet equal to half the original amount. If the dealer has a blackjack, the insurance payout of 2:1 is won by the player.
- Surrender – The player forfeits half of his bet to end the game for this hand.
The Dealer’s Hand is played. If the player’s hand is over 21, he busts. If the dealer’s hand is 16 or less, he hits. If the hand is 17 or more, the dealer must stand. If the hand is over 21, then he busts. If the player also has a blackjack, then it’s a “Push” or “Tie” meaning the player retains the bet.
Variations of Mobile Blackjack
The most basic and popular version is the mobile 21 Blackjack game. Although the basic gameplay remains the same, slight variations in the blackjack rules make it good for the players.
They have the options to double down after splitting, Resplitting of Aces, Early or late surrender, Dealer hits on soft 17. The exact variations of rules can be known by reading the particulars of the different blackjack games.
Mobile Blackjack Strategy
Winning at mobile blackjack is a game of luck and strategy. Every blackjack decision the player makes leads to winning or losing the hand.
The best blackjack strategy can be learning the Basic Strategy. It stands that without the basic understanding of the rules, the player will never know when to hit or stand. The Basic strategy is based on the mathematics of the game. A tried and tested method it reduces the house edge to a minimum.
Card Counting is another mobile blackjack strategy that works by keeping track of the cards that come out of the shoe. The player gets an idea about the remaining cards in the shoe and makes adjustments to their strategy by taking insurance or doubling.
Mobile Blackjack Tips
- The mobile blackjack game of strategy requires a lot of common sense. Play the blackjack keeping your wits about you.
- Practice makes perfect. It will always work out for you.
- Basic understanding of the game rules is important to make correct decisions during play.
- Card counting might work, but it is not advisable. It requires a thorough basic understanding of the rules. In the online versions, it’s useless as the cards are shuffled for each hand.
- Learn the terms of the blackjack game to master the game.