Blackjack is a compelling, classic online casino game played with a deck of 52 cards. In some places, Blackjack is also referred to as “Twenty-one” primarily because the player with a score of 21 or closest to 21 wins the game. However, the player should exceed 21 as this is referred to as a “bust” situation where the dealer wins the round.
One or more decks of 52 cards are what you need to play this category of table casino game. The cards with King, Queen or Jack on it are called face cards and carry 10 points each. The points carried by other cards are determined by the number displayed on it while the Ace card has a value of 1 or 11.
History of Blackjack
The origin of Blackjack has been a subject of debate amongst casino fans and historians, however, most agree that the game originated in the 17th century in the French territory where it was referred to as Vingt-et-Un (which loosely translates as Twenty-one in French). Some theories also suggest that the game of Blackjack was invented by the Romans where wooden blocks with different values were used instead of cards. However, this theory has not found any support from historians due to lack of concrete supporting evidence. The popularity of 21 grew slowly in North America during the 18th and 19th centuries thanks to the French colonies. It is believed that the game of Blackjack as we know today was not found on one particular day but it rather evolved over centuries. In fact, it continues to evolve today with lots of new variants being invented by innovative online casinos such as Vegas Mobile Casino.
How to play Blackjack
Usually played on a table which is arc-shaped, up to seven players can bet against the dealer in this game. The game begins after all the players have fixed the bet, after which the dealer and each of the players is dealt with 2 cards each. After which the players decide how to play out their hands. The dealer must draw more cards if the total is less than 16 but if the total is more than 17 then he must stand.
If the total is exceeding 21, then that player gets bust, which means he loses the game.
If any player has a total of 21 then, he wins, if not the player with a total of the highest number which is lesser than 21 wins the game.
Following is the simple process of how this works
- The Dealers serves 2 cards to each player. The cards dealt with the players are face up; meaning, the value of the card is visible to everyone. For the dealer, only one of the 2 cards is face up.
- Depending on the total value of the Cards in your hand; you may choose to either Hit or Stand.
- Hit: You’ll receive additional card from the dealer
- Stand: No additional card is served.
At this juncture, you’ll get a chance to either “Double down” or “Split “
- Double Down: You double your original bet
- Split: If you have received two cards of same value, you can now split the value into 2 separate hands.
Once each player has played their hand, the dealer reveals his second card and the value of the cards are compared with each player and the following conditions may occur
- If the total value of the dealer is exceeding 21, the dealer goes bust and the player wins
- If the total value of the player’s card is more than the dealer, the Player wins
- If the Total value of the player’s card is less than the dealer, the dealer wins
Following are the terminologies and guidelines you need to keep in mind while you are on this journey of Blackjack.
- Hit- Ask the dealer for another card;
- Double down- Increase the bet that the player has fixed initially by 100%;
- Stand – Don’t draw any more cards;
- Surrender- If the dealer has called for a Blackjack and
- Split- If the player has two cards of the same value.
The players can read the instructions about the game to get a better clarity on how to deal with this game.
Play Online Blackjack Games at Vegas Mobile Casino
Vegas Mobile brings to you the feel, fun, and joys of Blackjack wherever you are. The collection of Online Blackjack games at Vegas Mobile Casino has received massive appreciation from Blackjack enthusiasts. All our Blackjack games come with a free play version, wherein you can learn the trick of the trade without investing real money.
Be it the live Blackjack, or multi-hand Blackjack. Our games lobby has it all. Our Casino also offers its customers with 100 Free Spins on “Irish Luck” and “Starburst”. If you are still confused about which one would suit you best, go ahead and explore the different versions of this table game that we have and take home hefty wins. Engineered by the best software providers, our games will give you the best online Blackjack experience. Whether you are an experienced player or beginner, we have variants of Blackjack that suits all kind of players. You can play the game instantly and enjoy the excitement of this table game within seconds of signing up – no downloads are required!
Blackjack is one of the most engaging games to play and no matter what the version is, make sure to try them all to pick your own favourite. The bonuses and rewards that await you are also huge; if you play it right our casino will shower you with lucrative prizes and an entry into the exclusive and most coveted VIP club.