Blog Posted on 19/06/2015 | Author: Karen Macarthur
Boku v/s Phone Billing – A Quick Guide
Before embarking on the working details of the Phone Billing and Boku, you should know what exactly they mean. For the player in the casino online world, both broadly mean you can make your payments using your mobile phones. You will get a confirmation instantly or it will be charged to your next month’s phone bill.
You should understand that the Phone Billing is mobile payment service that is widely used and accepted by the mobile network operators. The PayForIt is one such service that has tie up with most of the UK mobile networks such as Vodaphone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile among others.
Pay By Phone Billing and Boku
Fast and quick service is the new mantra for the casinos opting for the Pay by Phone (SMS) billing option. Compared to the card system which usually requires several clicks for making a payment, the single click method of the Boku or the phone billing, is much easier.
Boku is a mobile payment service provider that is offered by the online casinos. It is part of the phone billing universe. It facilitates the means of making an online payment to your particular casino. It is a direct carrier billing platform that is used by the mobile network operators for making online payments.
In both the payment systems, you are required to have sufficient balance in your Pay-As-You-Go phone accounts. If you are using the normal phones, then this amount will be charged to your phone bill.
The success of the Pay by Phone Billing option, is mainly due to various factors, such as
- Technical resilience of the channel used by the casino operators.
- The charge cut given to the phone bill casino operators.
- Acceptance of the players to use this payment method.
- Minimal details required for completing the transaction.
Probability powered casinos such as Vegas Mobile Casino, Fruity King, Moobile Games Casino, Winneroo, LadyLucks Mobile Casino, mFortune among others, have the Boku payment system in place for the players.
Both the Boku and the Phone Billing service have a daily limit of £30 for making a payment to your account. If you exceed this daily limit then you cannot play further. It is perfect for those players who want to gamble responsibly.
The one point where the Phone Billing has a slight advantage over the Boku payment system is that there is no prepaid fund availability that the account holder should have. The whole point of paying through phone bill, is that you have instant access to your funds.
How does Phone Billing and Boku work?
The answer is simple and easy. Both these payment methods use your registered mobile number for authentication and confirmation.
- Select the Pay by Phone Bill casino option for making a deposit.
- Enter your mobile number & the amount to be deposited.
- Confirm the value of the amount which is sent through the SMS text.
- Reply with a confirmation text and you’re done.
The steps for using the Boku option are:
- Select the Pay by Phone Bill option for making a deposit.
- The Boku payment screen is displayed.
- Verify the amount details and the merchant details.
- Reply back to the SMS sent to your mobile with a yes, confirming the transaction.
- You will be informed about a successful transaction with a receipt. A failed transaction will inform the next steps that have to be followed.
As a payment option for making deposits to your casino account, the Pay By Phone Bill is the safest one. You don’t require giving away any of your personal or bank details. Only your registered mobile number is required to complete the transaction. So go ahead and make a Phone Bill or Boku deposit to enjoy a safe and enjoyable gambling experience.