Blog Posted on 19/08/2022 | Author: Karen Macarthur
Complete Guide to Find the Best Casino Attires
If you’ve visited a land-based gambling venue before, then you’d be knowing that many brick-and-mortar casinos require their players to dress in a certain way.
There are multiple reasons why casinos expect their players to follow casino attire. Some believe that it maintains the required gambling atmosphere, while others think that it shows respect to other players at the venue.
If you don’t want to dress in a certain way to enjoy your favourite casino games, you can always choose to play at the best mobile casino that doesn’t have any hard and fast rules on casino attire. But when planning to visit a land-based gambling venue, it’s important that you follow the required dress code practices.
Casino attire basics
First things first, it’s always best to check the official website of the casino you’re planning to visit. This is because the website usually lists the required dress code as well as other things that players need to follow.
While the casino dress code rules tend to vary from one gambling venue to another, there are some general things that are valid for most casinos out there. They are:
- Abstain from wearing flip-flops at the casino
- Avoid visiting the venue wearing sneakers
- Ensure that your clothes aren’t dirty or torn in any way
- During the night-time, many casinos are quite strict when it comes to dressing. So, make sure that you don’t wear shirts or t-shirts while visiting the casino at night.
- At some casinos, the dress code is a bit different when accessing special lounges offering games like
Blackjack and Roulette. So, make sure to do research on whether your chosen casino has this type of special requirement.
Different casino attires and their meanings
Here’s a look at the most popular types of casino attires and what they mean to you as a player:
Also referred to as Full Evening Dress, this is the most formal type of dress code you’ll find at a casino. With this dress code, both men and women need to wear highly conservative dress pieces. Although this dress code isn’t that common with casinos today, you can still find it at high-dollar events and other special gatherings.
During a White Tie event, men are expected to wear:
- A fitted black coat with a matching pair of tails and trousers
- A white tux shirt with a stiff and starched front
- Shirt stud and cuff links
- Wing collars
- A white vest and white bow tie
- Black, patent leather shoes
- Floor-length gown or ballgown
- Classy jewellery
- Small purse, such as a clutch bag
- White glows, fur wraps, hairpieces and tiaras (all optional)
This is the second most formal dress code you’ll find at a gambling venue. While more common than White Tie, this casino attire is still not quite popular in casinos these days. By tradition, Black Tie is only worn at gambling events that take place after 6 PM. So, you’ll usually find the requirement for Black Tie at VIP lounges or other special events.
Black Tie requires men to wear:
- A dinner jacket with matching trousers
- Tie or bowtie
- Formal black shoes
- An evening waistcoat or a cummerbund (optional)
- Floor-length gowns are usually preferred, but good cocktail dresses are also accepted
- Fitted pantsuits are another great option
- Evening shoes that come with a heel
- Elegant jewellery and other simple accessories
As the name suggests, this dress code type covers clothing that you’d usually wear for your office job. Business Formal is the go-to choice for many casino players when they are unsure about the exact dress code requirements. This is because it usually passes the formal requirements at strict casinos, and also doesn’t make you stand out in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Here is what Business Formal requires men to wear:
- A dark suit with a pair of matching trousers
- Leather shoes
- Tie or bowtie (optional)
- Matching vest (optional)
For women, the requirement is to have:
- Elegant cocktail dresses
- A clean skirt with a blouse is also appropriate
- A good pair of sandals or flats
- Jackets and blazers
So, these were some of the many dress codes that players need to follow when playing at a land-based gambling venue. Depending on your chosen casino and the event type, you may be required to wear White Tie or you can get away with business formals.
If you don’t want to spend your time thinking about what dress to wear to play casino slots or other casino games, then we suggest you go with online casino sites. Along with no specific requirement for dress code, online casinos offer a variety of casino bonuses and other rewards that make for a more entertaining gaming experience.