Blog Posted on 14/08/2014 | Author: Karen Macarthur
Hit or Stand in Mobile Blackjack
Since Blackjack is a game of decisions, when to Hit or Stand in Mobile Blackjack is a common question for all the Blackjack players. Vegas Mobile Casino tries to familiarize the player on when to Hit or Stand while playing the Mobile Blackjack.
The correct decision makes the difference between winning and losing a hand. Even if you are a skilled card counter or can manage your money skilfully, if you don’t know when to Hit or Stand, then it’s no use. Without this basic knowledge it’s impossible to win at Mobile Blackjack.
To understand when to Hit or Stand in Mobile Blackjack
you need to first know what these terms mean.
- Hit – means to take another card from the dealer to get as close to 21 or exactly 21. In a live casino, you will indicate through hand signals that you want an extra card. Either tap the table with the card or your finger for a new card. In the online or mobile version, just press the Hit button.
- Stand – means you don’t want another card and want to play with the current cards. This could be either because there is a high chance of you going over 21 or busting. Or else you could have a winning hand. The player indicates this by waving his hand over the cards in a live casino. In the online or mobile version, press the Stand button.
Grasp the other terms such as Soft or Hard Hands which will determine whether you will Hit or Stand. Any hand which has an Ace is called a soft hand. The Ace counts as 11 when calculating the value of the hand. The Hard hand is one which does not have an Ace or with an Ace counted as 1.
When to Hit or Stand in Mobile Blackjack?
Blackjack is a game with specific rules. The dealer and the player are bound by them to win the hand. As a result, Mobile Blackjack is just a game of applying mathematics. By analysing the specific information on hand, the player can make correct decisions.
- The dealer always hits on a 16 or less
- The dealer always stands on a hard 17 (7 and any card worth 10).
- The dealer always stands on a 18 or better
- The dealer hits on a soft 17 (6 and an Ace).
- The dealer stands on soft 17 usually mean that the total is 7 and Ace. This gives a slight advantage to you. Since different casinos have different rules on soft 17 hands, it is written right on the green table.
Just as the dealer has certain rules for playing mobile blackjack, you also have rules to follow to win.
- You can hit the initial set of cards any number of times in a single hand. The only reason you are hitting is to improve the hand and beat the dealer.
- Always hit when you are holding 8 or less.
- Always hit when you have 12, 13, 14, 15 or 16 and the dealer holds 7, 8, 9, 10 or an Ace.
- The most often told advice is to take a stand on a total of 17 or more. If you hit, there is a chance of you going bust. There are too many cards which can cause you to go over 21.
- Hit on 8 or less when the dealer shows 4, 5 or 6.
- Stand on a hand of 12 or more when the dealer shows 2 through 6.
The only way to be sure of when to Hit or Stand in blackjack is to practice and improve. Play the online blackjack games for free or with small real money to familiarize with the rules and strategies. Get yourself a Blackjack Strategy Card which is the best way for the new players to know when to Hit or Stand in mobile Blackjack.