Know all About Baccarat Online Hand Values Here!
It is quite a fun to play Baccarat online. This online game is also referred to as Punto Banco or Mini Baccarat or simply Baccarat. Whether you are playing any version of Baccarat, the hand values always remain the same. There is only a variation in the gameplay in all these versions. Only the hand value matters in Baccarat, the suit of the card has no value.
Baccarat Online – How to Evaluate Hand Values?
The game of Baccarat starts when both the player and the banker are given two cards each. The sum of the values of these cards should be equal to, or closer to nine. In Baccarat online, the value of the cards is evaluated as follows:
- The cards from Ace through nine have a value equal to the number they represent. For example, Ace has a value of 1 and nine has a value of 9.
- Ten, Jack, Queen, and King have a value of zero. So, if any of these cards appear in the cards given to the player or the banker, the value is zero.
- The total value of the both the hands is determined by adding the individual value of both the cards, such that the total value never exceeds ten. Whenever the value exceeds ten, ten is subtracted from the total. For example, 2 face cards have a total value of zero and therefore the player or the banker will draw more cards according to the rules of the game. A three and an eight have a total value of 11 minus 10 = 1. A nine and a ten have a total value of nine and so on.
Some Hand Examples To Understand Baccarat Hand Value Better
- The combined total value of an Ace and a King (which is a great hand for a game of Blackjack) is 1. According to the drawing rules, if a player has such a
- combination, a third card will be drawn according to the drawing rules.
The combination of a five and a four has a total value of nine. This might look to be a not-so-great hand but this is the natural hand in Baccarat online.
- The combined value of a King and a nine is nine because this is the maximum hand value in Baccarat online. The game can only end up in a tie, and you cannot lose with a hand like this.
- If you get a total value of 1 in the first two cards, and in the third card drawn, you get a nine. In that case, the combined value gets 1 plus 9 = 10. This is equal to 10 minus 10 = 0. This is definitely not good if you were betting on this hand.
Therefore, it is pretty simple to calculate the hand values when you are playing Baccarat online. Just remember, Aces have a value of one, two through nine have a value printed on them, tens, Jacks, Queens, and Kings have a value of zero.