Blog Posted on 26/01/2021 | Author: Karen Macarthur
The positives and negatives in being a casino dealer
A perfect look, an amazing smile that hooks every player, and a winning streak that compels every casino lover to bet once more, live casino dealers seem to live the dream life of many people. They are the future of online casinos as not everyone can enjoy a casino at ARIA in Las Vegas, but at least they can enjoy their online casino from the comfort of their home which has been made more interesting by these casino dealers. But is their job worth it? Let’s take a deeper dive into the casino dealer’s job.
What They Exactly Do?
Since the advent of online casinos, people wanted a more real experience of being in a live casino and playing with a live casino dealer as in a brick and mortar game. Their work is simple, entertaining people, make them place their bids, look flawless, and socialize with people to enhance their experience manifold. The best online casinos have the best live casino dealers who expertise in giving you a real-time experience of playing the game. Their jobs are often looked upon as very comforting and amazing. But a dealer does not only earn due to his professional looks and energy; there is a lot of hard work and training.
Positive and Negative Points of Being a Casino Dealer
It’s easy to appreciate the result, but one must also appreciate the hard work that makes it happen.
Positive Points of Being a Casino Dealer
- If you are good with people, if you can entertain them and you are willing to work hard, you can be a dealer. You can build yourself an amazing career and earn six figures a year as well.
- You may start with a salary but how much you earn is completely up to you. The more people like you, the more you earn. It is not a job with a fixed salary, but you can determine how much you make through tips.
- You need not have good grades or have a higher level of education for being a casino dealer. If you are good at what you do, you can rock it.
- The best thing is that all you need to do is entertain people and the computer will do the rest. It will do the math; it calculates everything; you just have to make things fun for the players. They should be your main concern.
- Technology has changed everything, and today, people can play their cards anytime, as most online casinos work 24×7. Being a live casino dealer gives you an added advantage to work flexibly in a shift that suits you.
- When you are working with a reputable online casino, there is a greater possibility that you enjoy employee perks like medical benefits, bonuses, etc.
Does it sound tempting? Does it sound like a perfect job? Wait, you must know what it takes to grab a good online casino dealer job.
Negative points of Being a Live Casino Dealer
If you want to become a casino dealer, you must know everything about it. Thus, it is a must for you to know what it takes.
- Firstly, it is a lie that you only require skills and minimum education. If you talk about the UK, then you must attain a six-week professional training (which varies) from a dealing school. You are taught everything about trade and different games.
- A six-figure salary is the truth, but you cannot reach directly at the top. It requires hard work and dedication initially, which bears fruit later on. Similarly, a live-dealer also needs to start on a minimum salary. As you grow, which is completely up to you, the salary increases accordingly.
- It’s a job, and at some point, you reach a saturation point after a certain period. But being a live casino dealer, you cannot afford to get bored. If you are bored with what you do, you will not be able to entertain people.
- It’s a strict no-distraction job. You must be focused on the game and the entertainment.
- Not as much as the modelling industry, but casinos do want you to look perfect. They need looks with a prim appearance. After all, several cameras are capturing your every angle and every move from every side.
- You do need to invest some money before you become a live casino dealer. As you need to undertake the courses and license as well, if you are working in the UK, you have to pay for it by yourself. Casinos do not help you with it.
- How you behave is very important as your tips are directly impacted by how happy your customers are. Make them happy, and in turn, they will fill your pockets.
- As a live dealer, you are visible to several people at the same time. Some online players may get aggressive and start doing unacceptable things. Even though you are far away from any harm, you are not entirely safe and must be able to make quick and rational decisions to handle ugly situations.
Placing cards for an online Blackjack game or throwing dice in an online Roulette game is not everything that a dealer does. They make it real and help players to have more fun. They are the future of online casinos, and mobile casinos, online casinos, etc. have opened the door for becoming a live casino dealer for many casino enthusiasts who want to opt-in as a profession.
It’s a fun job, and the thrill on the table makes it interesting. Everything else is up to you and your drive to grow as a professional. Keep learning and keep growing!