How to Beat the Dealer in Mobile Blackjack
If you are one of those players who believe you have to get the 21 number to win at Mobile Blackjack then join the club. It’s not about getting that elusive number 21, but beating the Dealer at his own game.
Of all the casino games that are played, the Mobile Blackjack is the most played one. Since the Blackjack game requires skill, luck and concentration, it is a perfect mental exercise for you. If you make money on the side, all the more better!
The main objective of playing in a Blackjack game is to beat the Dealer and in the process manage to get that elusive number of 21, a perfect blackjack. You win the round by landing a total of 21 or as close to this, without going over the number or Bust.
Coming to terms with Mobile Blackjack
The best strategy that one can adopt is to master the rule of the game. As a newbie player, you can be overwhelmed by the different ways to beat the dealer. Mobile Blackjack is a game of skill and concentration, with every decision of yours being influenced by the previous cards that are dealt.
Whether you hit or stand, double down, split, surrender or take insurance is totally dependent on your understanding of the game. All these words may seem alien to you, if you don’t grasp the basic rule of Mobile Blackjack before venturing into real money play.
As an addendum, the Basic Strategy is a one page document which lists out all the possible combinations that can occur in the game. It tells you when you can split, double down, hit or stand during the gameplay. The Basic strategy is based on the mathematics of the game.
Playing it right with the Mobile Blackjack
Although you have different variations of the Blackjack, to understand the basics, consider the one played with the standard single deck of 52 cards.
Initially to begin play, the bets are placed on the table. The Dealer and the players receive two cards each. The Dealer gets one card face up and the other face down. The player receives both the cards face up. The value of each of the face or picture cards is 10, and the Ace is counted as 1 or 11 depending on the total count. It’s how you play your cards that will determine the winner.
If the player’s cards are an Ace and any of the face cards, then he wins the 3:2 payouts and it’s called a Natural Blackjack.
Depending on the cards, you have a soft hand, when there is a face card and an Ace (which counts as 11) when the cards are dealt. It is a hard hand when the Aces are counted as 1.
If the player doesn’t get a blackjack, then he can choose any of the below options to land the winning hand:
- Hit – Request for a new card. If the card total adds to over 21 then the player “busts” and loses all the bets immediately. The player can hit any number of times until he stands.
- Stand – Stop with card he has and is done playing this round.
- Double Down – The player takes just one other card from the dealer after which he will stand. He doubles the original bet.
- Split – If the two initial dealt cards are of same face value, then the player can split the hand into two separate hands. A bet equal to the original bet is placed on the two hands and each will receive a single card. Proceed to play each hand by hitting or standing.
- Insurance – If the dealer’s first card is an ace, he may have a Blackjack in which case the player can minimise the loss to his bet. He makes a side bet equal to half the original amount. If the dealer gets a blackjack, the insurance payout of 2:1 is won by the player.
- Surrender – The player forfeits half of his bet to end the game for this hand.
In addition to these basic options, using common sense during play is the best advice that one can get when playing the Mobile Blackjack.