Blog Posted on 30/12/2022 | Author: Karen Macarthur
Craps Glossary: Here Are the Most Widely-Used Craps Terms
Are you new to the game of craps? If yes, learning the basics to ace the game at online casinos is important. Learning craps is easy as it does not involve complex strategies. Once you learn how to play the game and understand the payouts, you will have to gain knowledge about the craps terms.
The dealers and stickmen at the craps table use several different terms. If you are unaware of the terms, they may seem jargon. Therefore, you must learn the terms before engaging in the game online. Let’s take a look at the widely used terms.
- Ace – A die that shows a value of one.
- Aces – A bet indicating that the next roll will consist of two aces.
- Ace deuce – A throw of three.
- Any craps – A one-roll bet saying that the next roll will be 2, 3, or 12.
- Any seven – A bet states that the next roll will be seven.
- Arm – A skilled player capable of throwing the dice and improving the chances of rolling specific numbers.
- Base dealers – There are base dealers on both sides of the craps table in the land-based casinos. In the mobile casinos, you will find live dealers.
- Betting right – If a player bets on the pass line, it is known as betting right. In this case, the player bets with the person who rolls the dice.
- Betting wrong – When the bet is not placed on the pass line, it is known as betting wrong. In this case, the bets are usually placed against the shooter.
- Big eight is a wager in the game of craps in which the shooter rolls an 8 before 7.
- Big six is a wager in the game of craps in which the shooter rolls a 6 before 7.
- Big red – It is referred to as a slang term in the craps game. The players of the game do not prefer saying the number seven loudly as it would violate the crap table etiquette.
- Bones – Dice is also referred to as bones.
- Boys – The base dealers are also called boys. However, it is often known as a slang term.
- Box numbers – In the game of craps, the players are allowed to bet on the numbers such as 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10. All these numbers are known as box numbers.
- Box cars – It means 12. It is a bet in which the next roll will be 12.
- Boxman – The person who is supervising the craps game. The boxman usually sits between the two dealers at the crap table.
- Centre field – It is known as a slang term for a throw of 9.
- Come bet – A bet that the players make after rolling the dice or establishing a point.
- Cold dice – When no players can make any point at the table, this term is used.
- Come out – In a craps round, the first roll is called come out.
- Craps check – It indicates betting on the craps number in the first roll of a round.
- Craps numbers – It denotes the numbers 2, 3, and 12.
- Don’t pass bet – A bet in which the shooter will make no points, and the craps numbers are rolled.
- Down – Reducing a bet from the craps table.
- Double odds – A bet that doubles the come bet or the original pass bet.
- Fever – It is a slang term used for a throw of 5.
- Easy way – It means to roll a 4, 6, 8, or 10 without rolling any pair.
- Front line – A bet that the shooter wins.
- Free odds – A bet that does not have any house edge.
- George – One who gives good tips.
- Garden – A one-roll bet or a field bet.
- Hop bet – A bet stating that the next roll is likely to have a specific combination. For instance, it can be a 3 or a 5.
- Inside numbers – Bets placed on numbers such as 5, 6, 8, and 9.
- Layout – The printed area of the craps table on which the bets are placed.
- Little Phoebe – A slang used for a throw of 5.
- Natural – A throw of 7 or 11.
- One-roll bet – A bet in which a single dice is rolled, and the winner is decided.
- Off – It is the term the players say when they are not going to place bets in the next roll.
- On – The bets remain active.
- Place numbers – These denote the numbers such as 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
- Shooter – The player who rolls the dice.
- Toke – An alternative term for a tip.
Craps is a popular casino game. When it comes to craps vs. Roulette or other games, craps is relatively simple and easy. To make the most of the game, you must be well aware of the craps game facts. Now that you know the craps terms, you will surely enjoy the game more. So, choose the right platform and get started with craps game.